Colorado Acupuncture MRC
Who are we?
The Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) is a national network of local groups of volunteers committed to improving the health, safety, and resiliency of their communities. The Colorado Acupuncture Medical Reserve Corp is the first statewide all-acupuncture federally approved Medical Reserve Corps in the United States. We are a group of acupuncturists, licensed health care professionals, and non-medical personnel, who volunteer their time and services during disasters, critical incidents and community events.
We have partnered with the Red Cross, Acupuncture Innovations, and numerous state and local emergency response and management organizations.
Vision: Through acupuncture, the resilience and independence of individuals affected by disaster is fostered and restored such that they may rebuild their lives and communities in health and dignity.
Mission: The mission of the CAMRC is to provide treatment to evacuees, emergency responders, and others during critical incidents, natural disasters, community events, and to educate on the benefit of acupuncture.
We are available to provide educational sessions to those in the community wanting to learn more about what we do.
- Dr. Steve Shomo, Unit Coordinator/Training Specialist:
- CAMRC.UC@gmail.com or email@example.com • 303-995-7827
- Monica Edlauer, Outreach Coordinator:
- firstname.lastname@example.org • 303-859-7556
- Terry Treece, Volunteer Coordinator:
- email@example.com • 720-219-8802
- Chris Shiflett, Logistics Coordinator:
- firstname.lastname@example.org • 720-299-8849
Check out our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ColoradoAcupunctureMRC