Colorado Acupuncture MRC
Who are we?
The Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) is a national network of local groups of volunteers committed to improving the health, safety, and resiliency of their communities. The Colorado Acupuncture Medical Reserve Corp is the first statewide all-acupuncture federally approved Medical Reserve Corps in the United States. We are a group of acupuncturists and licensed health care professionals trained in the five needle ear protocol, known as the NADA protocol, who volunteer their time and services is times of need. We set-up mobile clinics during disaster situations and offer free ear acupuncture treatments (NADA Protocol) that help a person to cope better in times of great stress.
Our volunteers offer trainings on how to set-up clinics in disaster situation, ICS 100/700 Courses, and Psychological First Aid. We are available to provide one-hour educational sessions to those in the community wanting to learn more about what we do. We have partnered with the Boulder County Sheriff’s Department, Boulder County Mental Health, and the Boulder Office of Emergency Management.
Vision: By proving the NADA protocol treatment, the resilience and independence of individuals affected by disaster is fostered and restored such that they may rebuild their lives and communities in health and dignity.
Mission: The mission of the CAMRC is to provide treatment to evacuees, first responders, and others by licensed acupuncturists and NADA providers using the five needle ear protocol (NADA Protocol) during events and educate communities on the benefit of the NADA protocol. CAMRC volunteers will be requested to joint their local MRC if one is available.
- Rachelle Lambert, Unit Coordinator: email@example.com • 720-717-1001
- Steve Shomo, Assistant Unit and Training Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org • 303-995-7827
- Monica Edlauer, Outreach Coordinator: email@example.com • 303-859-7556
- Terry Treece, Volunteer Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org • 720-219-8802
- Chris Shiflett, Logistics Coordinator: email@example.com • 720-299-8849
- Jennifer Ulman, Finance Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org • 303-548-9761
Check out our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ColoradoAcupunctureMRC